What made the coursework more interesting, was that each team was in commercial competition against the other teams and was bidding for a contract from a fictitious company. Quality of code, how the product was pitched and the project proposal were all to be assessed to determine who would be awarded the contract.
The main features of Telehex are (but not limited to):
- Keeping a consistent design throughout, largely focused on Hexagons (Note these are a pain to work with!)
- Collating and scraping information from a range of sources (such as the TheTVDB to provide up-to-date details on an enormous number of shows
- Allowing users to user their Google Account to subscribe to their favourite TV shows
- Subscribed users have a profile page and access to a personalised show calendar
- Subscribed users could receive optional weekly emails describing the shows airing that week
- Detailed statistics and trends for a specific show or episode
- Providing a ‘Similar shows’ graph to allow a user to find their next ‘must watch’ show
We were incredibly proud of this piece of work and achieved a mark of 92% for our efforts.
Project Link: http://telehex3001.appspot.com
Collaborated with: Jamie Davies, Miles Armstrong, Chantel Spencer-Bowdage, Will Buss, Jack Flann, Simon Bidwell